Thursday, May 28, 2009

Suprise!

This past weekend Mom went to see Melinda for her birthday. And I just had to tag along…but didn’t tell Melinda I was coming. At the airport Melinda called Mom trying to find her at the baggage claim. I knew she was in a hurry and probably a little stressed. So I called her over and over, knowing I would annoy her a little. She finally picked up as she walked into the airport. I very casually asked her what she was up to. She said she was just about to pick up Mom and wanted to call me back in 10 min. I told her it was very important that I talk to her right now. She then found mom and I was standing back and behind Melinda. She tried one more time to get off the phone with me, saying she would call me in 5 minutes when they got to the car. I said no, it can’t wait…I really need a ride. She was irritated and said “What?”…and then I walked up and said Hi! She was so surprised! It was great! She cried, which made Ian cry.

Before I left I told Mark that if Melinda called he was not to answer, because I thought he would ruin the surprise. I told that to Melinda, and after we got in the car she called Mark to see if she could mess with him a little. She said “Hey Mark, I’m really worried about Wendy, I haven’t been able to get a hold of her all day, do you know where she is?” Mark being THE WORLDS WORST LIAR, said …”um…no?” --- Great job Moe!

Here are some cute pictures of Ian and Melinda when we first got there:




And here is one of the whole fam:


We went to Target, very exciting! I got stopped by a couple of Mary Kay ladies who wanted to share a message of beauty with me. I told them I was LDS...kind of took the wind out of their sails.

Here is Ian trying out some baby sized seating:



My favorite part of Melinda's house is the hammock. Here is a picture of Melinda and Ian in it, as I had a hard time staying in it...it is a skill!


Burgoo anyone?
Melinda and Jake took us to Knockum Hill,a little BBQ place out in the middle of no where!


Here is Jake enjoying the BBQ pork and Burgoo! What is Burgoo you ask? Burgoo is a spicy stew that has its roots in the Irish or mulligan stew. Traditionally, the idea was to make a stew using whatever meats and vegetables were available and in good supply. That meant venison, squirrel, opossum (though not in modern recipes) or game birds; essentially whatever the hunt brought back.


The last two nights that we were there, mom and I stayed at the hotel on base, which was really nice. But the first night we stayed in a hotel with one twin - yes one twin bed. We got them to give us a roll-a-way, and mom just had to sleep in it, making me feel bad. But just so you know I really tried to get her to sleep in the real bed. This is her microwaving a little snack in bed.

On Sunday night, Mom gave a training to the Young Woman Leaders, and then a fireside for the youth of the Hopkinsville Kentucky Stake.

This is her in the back seat getting read (it was about a 40 minute drive)



And here are some pictures of her signing off on some of the girls personal progress goals:






And a couple more social shots


1 comment:

Mark and Callie said...

2 months Wendy??? Really? Come on. (he he!)